Losing A Friend
9:57 PM, Tuesday, October 16, 2007 | Link to this post | 0 comments

I've known Garrick for almost three years now. We've been classmates in our CWTS class 2 years ago and we enjoy every moment that we're together with our groupmates. We can say that we are the best CWTS group during that time. We even named our group 'Hysterical Pink' because, there was a time when Garrick wore a pink t-shirt during one of our meetings. He was our team leader by the way and we gave him the title TL (meaning team leader). I had a great time that sem because we have a very bonded group and a great, funny, wise leader. Yes he's wise. I think he's one of the top students in their batch. He became my classmate in 3 or 4 subjects. He's my classmate in ME 186 this sem.

I remember one time when I shared Christ with him. It took me a lot of guts to tell him to spend a little time with me so I can share the Good News. Sad to say, he didn't receive Christ. But we've been good friends ever since.

It was late last August (or early September) this year when we heard the news that Garrick was brought to the hospital and in a critical condition because of an accident. He was paralyzed from neck down. He had undergone an operation immediately. The operation went quite well. He can already move his upper body after that. It will take him at least a year to fully recover. It means he will stop going to school for a while.

I planned to visit him together with my CWTS groupmates since he was confined in a hospital near my place. But we didn't get the chance to visit him. Everyone was so damn busy and unavailable.

Just early this afternoon, I received a message from a friend telling me that Garrick was gone. I was in the library that time and I asked another friend of mine if that's true. I really don't know what to do during that time. I was really affected. I haven't got the chance to spend some time with him during this sem. Probably because of our busy skeds.

I'll never forget those times that we've been together. We're not that close with each other but I've known a lot of things about him during those precious times. I just pray that God would comfort his family and his loved ones. God bless his precious soul.



- Gian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment