It's True. He's Gone
4:22 AM, Monday, October 22, 2007 | Link to this post | 0 comments

Going to a wake is my worst nightmare. Aside from the fact that it would be very boring, I also am a little scared of seeing a casket. I, together with some hysterical pinkers Brenda, Neri, Rexie, and Rogers, went to Garrick's wake early this afternoon. While waiting for Imay and Andrew, nagkwentuhan muna kami sa Vinzons about our CWTS days. Ayun! Muntik ng magkaiyakan. Sobrang dami pang bloopers as we make our way to Arlington. We we're lost on the way. No one among us actually knows how to get there. Thank God nakarating naman kami ng maayos.

Going there was tough. But it's tougher entering the chapel. Only a few people were in there. It's quiet and sobrang sad ng mood. What struck me most is the memorabillia table for some of his stuff. Well I think the most memorable for each of us is his blue water jug. Most of us would drink from that jug during our CWTS days whenever we lose energy rappelling down a 2-storey tower. And he loves wearing pink that's why we named our group 'hysterical pink!' in honor of him.

He's a good son and a good friend. I remember a time when we celebrated a classmate's birthday at SM North and I ask him if he could give me a ride and take me to the North Avenue Station. He said yes without second thoughts. At that moment, I feel so grateful to him. Na-touch ako with that act. He made me realize that he knows how to care for a person or a friend.

Each of us has a story to tell and he's the hero in all those stories. We were glad to have known him even just for a little while. Our memories of him would always be worth keeping.

Thank you TL for adding a little color in our lives. We know that you're in God's loving arms now. We will cherish the moments that we've been together. We love PINK!!!! We will miss you TL! We love you so much!

- Gian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment