I Think I'm Ready For These Things
10:21 PM, Saturday, December 05, 2009 | Link to this post |

These past few days, I've been tempted to write some crazy stuff about work. Probably the result of my longing to relieve myself of some stress. A lot of things are happening inside my mind right now that I might end up conveying ideas after ideas and opening topics after topics. But I'll try my best to make this one as painless as possible. *Breathes deep* Whew!

Actually, I don't want to write anything about work just for now because I might get frustrated upon writing, for a lack of a better term, not-so-good-to-hear stories. Prior to writing this blog, I've been thinking of some other things that I can write. My ideas range from my plans after graduation, my plans of moving again to QC, my desire to master the craft of acting, singing, and dancing, and so much more. Hmm... By the looks of it, I might write a very long blog. Add the fact that I haven't blogged for a very loooooong time. I wrote my last blog last summer during the time of the Hayden Kho and Katrina Halili scandal and prior to that, I resorted to writing my thoughts on a notebook instead, some kind of a journal or a diary of some sort. Oh well, thank God I now have the luxury once again to pour my heart out in this blog. How I miss doing this. :)

So first thing's first, I wanna tell the whole world that I'm a graduate already!!! Though not yet officially (I still have to wait for the deliberation before the year ends). Whew! It took me a lot of pain just to finish my thesis. By the way, we are four in our group. It was really fun working with my groupmates. Though we argue at times because of conflicts on our schedules but God worked His way through us.

A little flashback: FYI, that was my second time to take that thesis course as an undergrad. My first take was super fail!!! If I'm not mistaken, I did my first thesis for 3 semesters, the last two I was doing it alone because my thesis partner, for some weird and unjustifiable reason, made her own way to pass that course without me knowing it. It took one month, more or less, before she actually confessed upon returning my old guitar and the book she used as reference for 'our' project. That was the very gist of it. The whole story should be left to be written on another blog entry. But don't get me wrong because I'm already in good terms with my former thesis partner. I've forgiven her already. (Former thesis partner, if you are reading this, I still want to thank you because somehow, I learned to do things on my own and be confident with what I know.) :)

So going back to my second thesis, we were able to do the project cramming almost everything. Oh yeah! But still, we made a nice thesis in the end. The 'Best Project' as we usually dub it while we're speaking amongst us. It was God's loving hands who guided us while we spend hours doing our thesis in the college library, at McDonald's Katipunan, and anywhere where there's WiFi. I can still remember when Typhoon Ondoy hits Manila, we were stuck in the college library doing some research and design works. And the rest is history so to speak. We were able to get a high grade that we didn't expect! Praise God for that! We owe Him one. :)

So what happened after that? *checks grade online just to be sure the thesis grade is still there* I started thinking of great things that I can do as a graduate. One thing just came into my mind: I'm not a student anymore! Vengeance is mine!!! *evil laugh* Goodbye sleepless nights! Goodbye exams! Goodbye homeworks! Goodbye college friends??? Of course not! Actually, my first specific plan after graduation is to spend time with my friends. Yeah! I miss them so much because I've been busy doing my thesis during the past months. I wanna play ultimate frisbee again with them! I even bought my own pair of cleats last September. But sad to say, that pair of cleats is still in its box. I haven't used it since then. For some weird reason, I spent more time with my friends during thesis days. Maybe because the need for a breather is greater during that time than now when I'm more relaxed. I really miss playing ultimate during monday afternoons at the sunken garden and then jogging around the acad oval during wednesday evenings. You know what, I really should do those things again as soon as possible or else, I will be your Santa this Christmas. :P

Aside from those things, I also want to ice skate (Poor ice skating rink in Megamall. It was turned into an activity center just recently. :( ) I also want to learn digital photography but I don't have my own DSLR yet. It's on my wishlist this year. :)

What else do I want to do? Hmmmm... Let's take it further. :)

Of course, my desire to do theatre as a profession still never ceases. I want to enroll again in UP but this time, as a Performance major in Theatre Arts. The theatre bug is biting me again. And that's good! It means that I still have my heart with me. :) Also, as an engineering graduate, I also want to continue further studies as an MS student in UP and probably, finish a doctoral degree in a reputable school abroad. I also want to try teaching in UP while doing my masters. I also want to learn to play fencing since it was the first game that I truly love. :) Next year, I will take the licensure examinations for Mechanical Engineers. So I have to take review classes by May next year.

These are just some of the things that I really want to do now that I'm a graduate. Like what I have written in my journal before, life is too short to do all these things. That's why I better start doing them one at a time as early as now.

I pray that God would always be with me as I reach these dreams. Would you also be part of it?

- Gian